Bad game last night
Hello, I had a rather bad game last night and I kind of want to vent about it-
So I'm clown and the survivors burn a coldwind offering. It's the corn map. I honestly don't mind 95% of map offerings- I even like haddonfield (it's like a little slasher flick diorama and I love it).
The first survivor I see loops me for maybe fifteen seconds before taking a hit running to the middle of the field and standing there. Huh. Weird. I down them and pick them up (I don't like slugging, it's not fun) and BAM. Three dwights with flashlights converge on me from God knows where and simultaneously blind me from every angle. It was some seal team six stuff. Almost breathtaking. So it's gonna be one of those kind of games. The map offering makes sense now. It's all clicking into place.
So nah. I'm taking my ball and going home. Spending the next half hour getting blinded every time I try to do anything has little appeal. So I just haul myself to the basement, situate my dude facing a wall and go get a glass of water, make a sandwich. I alt tab and eat my sandwich and watch stuff on youtube. I checked back maybe three times and I heard clicking on what had to be a macro. Sounded like the game was exploding. They kept that up for maybe fifteen minutes until running out the entirety of the endgame collapse and finally leaving. I wish them luck on their next game and leave.
So why do people do this? I had a few other games vs. people who were obviously a lot better than me and kind of messing around. Going for risky saves and cheeky pallets. I cherish those games. They're always fun as hell even if I almost never kill even one person. Way more fun and kinetic than playing vs. stealth players.
I don't really bear them any ill will. They're just in a group and trying to have fun. I got to chill and have a snack because of them. However there is satisfaction in knowing they probably had to wait 15-20 minutes for a new game when I was in one within seconds.
Comments
Swf is truly the problem with this game.
The idea that a team can communicate over a large distance without being heard by the killer is completely unfair.
On top of that, mmr is off and every game is a rainbow of players.
I'm glad you enjoyed your food and took it in stride.
I typically don't mind playing vs. groups. They have altruistic tendencies that can be exploited and that's more enjoyable than playing vs. four stealth players. This group was I believe ranks 1-2-1-5. I am a rank 4 killer, for reference. I'm also not very good at the game at all
I'm genuinely laughing at the 'breathtaking seal team' technique description, it's beautiful lol!! But to be honest, I think it's like facing a killer who drops you at the hatch and waits for you to reach it before closing it and hooking you-- To be an arse. It's dumb and has no point other than to provoke and have that 'ohoho I am so gamer' moment! I hope your next matches are better, and that you sandwich was at least tasty enough to get rid of the salt in the end game chat :)!