Could we do something about crashing and dc penalties?

I was fully for dc penalties until the most recent mid patch when I just started randomly getting disconnected from matches for no reason. At first it was what ever, I would wait out the like 5 min penalty and then go on, but it soon went into into an hour long penalty, then 5 hours, then 24 hours, and I know what your thinking just wait for the penalty to go down but the thing is I have done that, I didn't open the game for 4 days but the next time I got disconnected it gave me a 5 hour ban.

This is also sucks because I might not be able to complete the rift and I know this rift is very bad but I really want that Maurice charm.

ZA_019.png

Also before anybody tells me that it's my internet connection, it's not. This has never happened before this latest mid chapter patch and from what I've checked my internet is perfectly fine.

Perhaps a simple band aid fix would be not letting disconnects that are from connection issues not go over 5 hours? Not super punishing to people who really are having issues but also still punishing enough for people to not take advantage of it.

Comments

  • Ever since the patch after Blight came out my Xbox1x has had similar disconnects and the like, giving me a 5min ban each time which I waited out, plus more common problems with team mates drifting out of groups when I play SWF. So every 3-5 matches I restart the game, and the console of need be, to bandaid it myself. Doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about playing this game all that much longer on my console.

    Problem is I believe the devs said they cannot tell the difference between dc's no matter the source/reason, let alone how to fix the network ones.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    Ever since the patch after Blight came out my Xbox1x has had similar disconnects and the like, giving me a 5min ban each time which I waited out, plus more common problems with team mates drifting out of groups when I play SWF. So every 3-5 matches I restart the game, and the console of need be, to bandaid it myself. Doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about playing this game all that much longer on my console.

    Problem is I believe the devs said they cannot tell the difference between dc's no matter the source/reason, let alone how to fix the network ones.

    Im pretty sure it can tell when someone dc on purpose cause when a survivor does dc on purpose it makes a noise but when someone dc from network stuff it doesn't make a sound

  • @oh_0k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751470#Comment_1751470

    Im pretty sure it can tell when someone dc on purpose cause when a survivor does dc on purpose it makes a noise but when someone dc from network stuff it doesn't make a sound

    Huh. Never noticed a sound or not. But I'm pretty sure the devs said from their end they cannot differentiate. But maybe...