Need some help...

Is the Blight strong or bad? If he is good how he can be played effectively? I tried to play him multiple times, but I run into situations where I miss becouse he his insanely hard to control for chases. All I understand is that he has good map pressure, but there is some trick to never miss a lethal rush in chases? All I do is miss, miss until I lose survivors

Comments

  • I have played Blight religiously since the PTB. He easily one of the strongest killers in the game and has one of the highest skill ceilings. Here are some tips.

    1. Try to lunge at survivors from an angle and not directly behind them. Although you turn far slower while rushing, you can still angle your attacks to your left or right. Doing this before attacking a survivor makes it way harder for them to dodge you since they can't simply side-step you if you were going straight
    2. Learn which loops you can bounce off. This is only learnt through experimentation. Not every loop is Blight friendly. But to name a few, generic jungle gyms, the shack, and L + T walls are all very unsafe against a good Blight.
    3. Learn to properly slide off objects during an attack. A lethal rush has 0 aim-dressing when you attack. You can use this to get survivors around corners by attacking before you bounce off the surface so you slide off and attack them when you pass by.
    4. Practice. An obvious tip, but the most useful. I'd recommend you use his training wheels add-ons, the one that auto-aims you towards survivors after a bounce and the other that show you where your rush is heading, and just keep playing him. For me the Blight is the most rewarding killer in the game to get good with. Stick with him for long enough and muscle memory will start doing the rest.
  • @SirCracken said:

    I have played Blight religiously since the PTB. He easily one of the strongest killers in the game and has one of the highest skill ceilings. Here are some tips.

    1. Try to lunge at survivors from an angle and not directly behind them. Although you turn far slower while rushing, you can still angle your attacks to your left or right. Doing this before attacking a survivor makes it way harder for them to dodge you since they can't simply side-step you if you were going straight
    2. Learn which loops you can bounce off. This is only learnt through experimentation. Not every loop is Blight friendly. But to name a few, generic jungle gyms, the shack, and L + T walls are all very unsafe against a good Blight.
    3. Learn to properly slide off objects during an attack. A lethal rush has 0 aim-dressing when you attack. You can use this to get survivors around corners by attacking before you bounce off the surface so you slide off and attack them when you pass by.
    4. Practice. An obvious tip, but the most useful. I'd recommend you use his training wheels add-ons, the one that auto-aims you towards survivors after a bounce and the other that show you where your rush is heading, and just keep playing him. For me the Blight is the most rewarding killer in the game to get good with. Stick with him for long enough and muscle memory will start doing the rest.

    ######### yeah his skill cap remember me when I tried to learn Nurse, he is insanely hard, probably the 2th hardest killer in the game after the Nurse

  • @Wesker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1747286#Comment_1747286

    ######### yeah his skill cap remember me when I tried to learn Nurse, he is insanely hard, probably the 2th hardest killer in the game after the Nurse

    Indeed. I hope my advice helps you get better with him.

    Is there anything else you want to know about playing him?

  • @SirCracken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1747296#Comment_1747296

    Indeed. I hope my advice helps you get better with hih.

    Is there anything else you want to know about playing him?

    Nope, you made a good tutorial, nice and kind person, ty

  • @Wesker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1747300#Comment_1747300

    Nope, you made a good tutorial, nice and kind person, ty

    No problem!