Can someone explain what "Time-Limited Exclusive Cosmetics" means in Dead by Daylight?

Someone shared this on Instagram from the official trailer. It says Time-Limited Exclusives Cosmetics yet The Nurse outfit was released recently and the other two are returning in January 2021. The marketing uses terms like time-limited, and exclusive yet they are being made available again. For the people that don't read, I know they stated some items will return but surely items billed as exclusive are supposed to remain exclusive to the original acquisition method? This is how it works in other games. Nothing says timed exclusives which would make more sense but earning time-limited exclusive cosmetics says to me that this item is only available for a limited time, exclusive to that time and won't return.

This isn't a discussion about the merits or emotions of retaining exclusivity or bringing everything back to be "fair" for people that feel that way. Let's focus on the terms and meaning in the specific context here. Maybe I am missing something so asking for clarity. Thanks.

ec.jpg


Comments

  • Wish I could get mr puddles again, I have it on ps4 but not on pc.

    I don't really know how this works with this game but remember how the bbq cosmetics were just for the ones that played during the event? Yep now all you have to do is buy the game and you get it.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    Wish I could get mr puddles again, I have it on ps4 but not on pc.

    I don't really know how this works with this game but remember how the bbq cosmetics were just for the ones that played during the event? Yep now all you have to do is buy the game and you get it.

    He's coming out in January, so you will be able to get him. Yeah it's not really clear and upfront about what will and won't return. I wish they outlined it during the existing Rift so we as players can decide whether or not to wait or grind.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1738782#Comment_1738782

    He's coming out in January, so you will be able to get him. Yeah it's not really clear and upfront about what will and won't return. I wish they outlined it during the existing Rift so we as players can decide whether or not to wait or grind.

    Now imagine if they do a dumb move like giving rift cosmetics for free, chaos would be a thing in these forums.

    That would be nice as well, giving the players a chance to decide if the grind is worth or not.

  • They say exclusive because the cosmetics are indeed exclusive to the Rift during that time period and aren't avaliable in the Store at that point.

    Yes, that word does dissappear when they release in the Store again though. For the most part, it's just to get more people to buy the Rift, people see the word exclusive and go crazy.