Merged: Do you think Chapter 18 will be licensed or not?

Comments

  • @NomiNomad said:

    I really hope the PTB comes out tommorow so people will stop talking about this.

    I don't think it's licensed. There is nothing to prove it's licensed. We haven't gotten a teaser for a Licensed killer since the Pig, they've all just gotten trailers immediately.

    To me, all the ties to Until Dawn are pushing it. The arm doesn't look nearly long enough, and the words aren't snowy.

    I don't have faith that Sony would license out their IP to a company like BHVR. I think Konami only did so to get the name Silent Hill known again, I wouldn't be surprise if those rumours of a Silent Hill 1 remake are true. And, if I'm being completely honest, I think more people know and care about Silent Hill than Until Dawn, but that's just my opinion.

    If it's licensed, great! New killer! If it isn't, great! New killer!

    What’s so bad about some speculation? It really doesn’t hurt and it just shows that people really want licensed chapters.. no one demands it or fights over this, as far as I am aware?

    but it’s almost certain that the PTB does come tomorrow so..

  • So I did a bit of looking after reading some reponses, and I found that there have been teasers for liscened in the Killers in the past, with them not having trademarks for the property itself or any companies that owned them.

    https://youtu.be/yGDS9XYdKnc https://youtu.be/YiGsh8RjAt0 https://youtu.be/Oy8zb6pZTWI


    Though obviously this still doesn't mean chapter 18 is licensed. After Pig, we haven't seen a licensed chapters get a teaser. The closest I could find was a tweet by Netflix hinting at the Strangers Things chapter.

    Also the teasers we did get were pretty obvious and basically revealed what the license was, with the exemption being Leatherface's teaser to some extent.

    So to me, I think it could it go either way, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. This could just be just like the situation with Deatherslinger's teaser where a bunch of people thought we were getting a Hellraiser chapter.