is there any matchmaking ground rules?
As a rank 11-13 killer who has only been playing round a month, I've had so many off-balanced matches. Countless rank 1s and red ranks in general. At 1st I thought it done an average of our ranks but after a team of 3 reds and a purple, I knew that was false. As a noob I dont see why I would ever be matched against a pro/vet. Ive had to make a mini game of spot the pro for every match.
Comments
Red rank doesn't mean skill for survivors. It is currently extremely easy to pip up as a survivor, so I would not be too intimidated by rank. I've recently seen a baby dwight with less than 100 hours at rank 1, and they didn't last a single chainsaw sweep. You are probably getting them because there are not enough red rank killers, which takes significantly more skill and game knowledge to reach.
theoretically this is how it should at the moment:
you get matched with people of your rank +/- 8 ranks. If SWF then it should take the rank of the highest ranked player of the group. If you are waiting for a long time, you get tossed into the „no matter what“-matchmaking.
BUT this does all not work. Ranked based matchmaking is not working, this is know by the devs. Plus ranking/pipping is also not working and is more a matter of how often you play and not how skillful you play.
the current system of matchmaking will be replaced by MMR - devs are working on it, there were live tests (that failed).