Ranks don't matter
People keep saying that religiously but I don't see why. If they don't matter can we remove ranked matchmaking then? I mean it kind of already doesn't work, but if it doesn't matter then why not remove it?
People keep saying that religiously but I don't see why. If they don't matter can we remove ranked matchmaking then? I mean it kind of already doesn't work, but if it doesn't matter then why not remove it?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Rank doesn't matter because rank ≠ skill, just because you are in red ranks means that you are a godly player, not you I mean in general, not that many were able to get into rank 1 when the rank reset resetted you to rank 10, right now I see so many potatoes in red ranks that I've been using a lot of bad builds and been trying more meme builds as killer and still win without having to worry.
I see green ranks every now and then that are way better at looping than rank 1 survivors.
A lot of people conflate the rank system being flawed with rank doesn't matter.
The ranking system may be bad but rank does mean something. That is just obvious to anyone that's played against a grey rank and a red rank.
I can usually call out what the solo queue players in my groups ranks are before I get to the end lobby and I'm usually pretty dang accurate. That's because rank matters and the skill differences are very noticeable.
Ranks do impact to some degree. As a newer player I could always tell when I had either a red ranked survivor or killer in game, as they did some crazy ass #########. now that I hoover around Rank 5, the skill level of players 1 to 6ish don't seem that different and I face them most of the time. Every so often I face some god player, who probably has 400 to 4,000 more hours then me, but good for them with sticking with the game so long.