Why is billy not as popular as he once was?

I know that he got reworked and stuff, but his overheat mechanic doesn‘t really affect me when I play him and he‘s still a pretty strong and fun killer to play. I remember him always being one of the best killers to play as and to play against him but nowadays I barely see anyone other than me playing him.

Comments

  • @DCash said:

    Got tired of reading all the negativity. I like him MORE now. He is more fun to play. I love his music. I stopped playing billy for months before the rework when his animations started bugging out. In my opinion he is in a great place now. His animations are fine. His movement is fine. Overheating never happens unless I back rev a ton.

    I think everyone is holding onto their bullsheet opinions from before and haven't given him a chance since. Or maybe they just aren't bothering to take the time to adjust to new billy. Either way I don't care. He is fun, I'm getting 4ks, I'm curving on people's faces, and I don't know what everyone is bitching about. Git gud?

    Are you not reading anyone's responses or something? I'm happy for you that you like him more now but that's not the case for everyone. Just because you're not having problems...etc.

    His stupid roar, and his HORRENDOUS animations that are objectively worse than they were before all contribute to me now really not liking this killer nearly as much as I used to before. The overheat mechanic is dumb but I would be able to live with it if his camera and new animations didn't jerk around so much that it gives me a headache. Why on earth they thought Billy looking like he lightly bumped into something and to jerk the camera forward would be a good replacement animation for literally running through someone with a ######### chainsaw is beyond me. And keep in mind his third person animation for a chainsaw hit still looks fine. The revving looks hideous but still, some of his animations look ok from the survivor's POV. I just want any kind of response from BHVR but they're completely ignoring this.

  • I think people got out of the habit of playing him when he was bugged, right before his rework. Playing him while he was bugged was horrible and I think people lost interest in him, and then the nerf just ruined any interest in him even more.

1 2 3 ›