Legitimate Matchmaking Question

I'm coming back after 3 months and have two questions:

Did the matchmaking changes work (well)?

How many matches does it take to be placed against skilled opponents?


I came back because I was told the matchmaking changes worked fantastically, and was hoping to see that for myself. Unfortunately, I haven't been seeing that and am really praying that I simply need to play more games. So far I've played roughly 30 survivor matches and either get afk killers or killers that refuse to chase me. When I play killer (~two dozen games) I get obliterated by survivors way above my skill level. Is this problem still consistent or do I simply need to play more?

Comments

  • MMR? Phew... i have not heard that name in a long time.

    They implemented MMR for a short time.

    I thought it was great, but a lot of people complained.

    They removed it and I have not heard of it since.

    Idd wish if BHVR could like whisper in my ear and say, "Soon™" But that has not happen yet.

  • @Emeal said:

    MMR? Phew... i have not heard that name in a long time.

    They implemented MMR for a short time.

    I thought it was great, but a lot of people complained.

    They removed it and I have not heard of it since.

    Idd wish if BHVR could like whisper in my ear and say, "Soon™" But that has not happen yet.

    Ah so still the same matchmaking we've had the last few years? That's really unfortunate, because this game desperately needed a new system last time I gave it another try.

  • @White_Jesus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1713922#Comment_1713922

    Ah so still the same matchmaking we've had the last few years? That's really unfortunate, because this game desperately needed a new system last time I gave it another try.

    Well, hopefully, they will implement the new better matchmaking soon again, when the kinks have been ironed out.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1713945#Comment_1713945

    Well, hopefully, they will implement the new better matchmaking soon again, when the kinks have been ironed out.

    I won't hold my breath, but god I hope they implement a new system because this game has so much potential to be amazing!