Doctor Question (madness related)

I like the Doctor. I play him a decent amount. I face him every so often. Sometimes I survive. Sometimes I die.

Am I correct that the madness level 1 effect is the only ability any killer can apply, that a player cannot remove in any way? I believe even level 2 when applied stays forever, until it reaches level 3.

Level 3 has snap out of it, which goes back to Level 1. I don't think the doctor is OP or anything, but what is weird to me, is the madness effect appears to be only ability a killer can use that once on a player, there is no counter play to remove it.

With Freddy, you can be woke up. You can get the barbed wire from Pyramid head remove, you can cleanse the sickness from the Plague. It is weird to me, there is nothing to do to effect madness. Am I missing something? is there some way. It seems like the game always has some way for a survivor to remove a condition from the killer.

Comments

  • As far as I understand, yeah. Tier 1 is a permanent effect, since it doesn't really do anything except for show you hallucinations.

  • That's correct, once a player is afflicted with Madness I, there's no way to remove it, however, it can be completely countered by hiding in a locker if you know how Doctors play (for instance Static Blast being used right after a survivor has been downed or hooked)

  • Survivors can’t rid of Madness 1 or 2 on their own, probably because Madness 1 doesn’t really do that much. All the juicy afflictions start happening at tier 2, but even then they aren’t super powerful. When against Doctor, the Survivors are supposed to be going mad and seeing/hearing all these illusions, so I get why you can’t get out of tier 2.

    Also if you use lockers correctly you can make it very hard for him to use his Madness afflictions on you.

  • Good tips on the locker play!