Is there counterplay to freddy that isn't disadvantageous to survivors?
title.
Recently I made a thread about what defines counterplay for me, asking for what defines good counterplay for others.
One of the reasons was that I've been wrecking my head if there is any actual counterplay to Freddy that isn't disadvantageous to survivors.
Like, with killers like Deathslinger, who's continuously tooted to have no counterplay, you do have the means to counter him in ways that hinder him (like going round in pairs to break the chain easier etc resulting in a stun for him and the reload time, while going in pairs also reduces repair time for survivors)
Spirit has inconsistent counterplay, but there is some that hinders her while giving survivors some benefit timewise.
But freddy? try as I may, I can't think of any.
Once you are asleep, you suffer from Oblivious, there's no way to avoid the snares (which are infinite iirc? correct me if i'm wrong), he can teleport willy-nilly etc.
Now, sure 'waking up' is a kind of counterplay, but not beneficial to the survivors, but to freddy.
missing a gen gives away your position AND skillchecks are random.
finding the alarmclock takes away precious time and you have to avoid freddy.
getting woken up requires another survivor to be awake.
I really can't think of any genuine counterplay, as there's not much to actually 'counter' him. it all seems to work to his benefit.
Comments
2 things
I don't begrudge you if you are playing solo Q, and if you are my honest advice is don't. Play SWF as it works against all killers.
you have no reading comprehension, do you? cause, I mean, there's an entire THREAD here listing the ways (PLURAL) to wake up and how all of them put the survivors at a disadvantage. Try harder.
again, it's explained throughout the thread you have been responding to. have a nice day. I wish you improvement in life.
Lockers are not always nearby. If you are always hiding in a locker and not doing the objective, the killer will win either way, especially this killer because he is all over the map with an oppressive power.