Why are there so many DLC specific perks designed around new players?
The best example I can think of at the moment is Felix's new perk "Visionary", why would you add perks to the game that are designed for new players but lock them behind DLC? New players don't buy DLC, and it's pointless to add perks meant for such a niche part of the playerbase instead of adding fun, new perks for everyone.
Comments
"Felix's new perk 'fixated'"
Nancy's new perk "Visionary"
Just joking, but Visionary is a really bad perk, however it can be earned for free as he is a character unlockable with iri shards
Well, "Free" if you mean still locked behind a pretty large grind for the necessary shards and BP to unlock all those things. By then most players probably will have toughened up and won't still feel a strong need/desire for perks like that anyway.
Having beginner-friendly teachable perks in general strikes me as a little bit silly. Though it's probably not something that could easily be changed without drastically reworking how the Teachable Perk system works, unfortunately.
Or just making Deja vu have Visionary's effect and rework visionary
You know how this problem could be fixed? By making a chapter with perks like this free. We've not gotten a free chapter since Huntress back in year 2...I remember them saying some would be paid and some would be free...a free chapter with good newb friendly perks would be a major boon to new players (when this game has the worst new player experience I know of)...but instead we get things like Zanshin Tactics on Oni (paid), Visionary on Felix (paid), Technician on Feng Min (paid on some platforms, free on others), and Windows of Opportunity on Kate (paid)...but sure, let's give all players immediate access to Beast of Prey and Territorial Imperative!
I'm not salty about the paid DLCs, it makes sense keeping a game alive this long needs some paid stuff, but I also distinctly remember them saying some DLCs would be free and it's been literal years since we've gotten one...and when the Halloween event this time around is the most predatory BHVR has been (even AFTER their backpedal) I struggle to believe they need the money from yet another chapter.