Trap Glitch On Midwitch Elementary

dbd midwitch bug image.PNG

[Sorry for the marked out parts of the image. We use our real names on discord and some of us have our faces for profile pics. Also yes one of my friends has his real name in his username.]

This happened on Midwitch Elementary on the stairs leading to the central courtyard.

There was another survivor in a bear trap at the bottom of the stairs (where the bear trap is in the photo). I tried freeing them at the top of the stairs, which sucked me into them. I was no longer able to move or interact with anything. The killer then downed me (probably not realizing what was going on until he hit me) and I fell underneath the map. The killer could not pick me up and was able to put a trap on top of me (The trap on top of me didn't have a part in the glitch, I just thought it was a detail that might help).

I suspect what happened is that the animation tried to pull me level with the other player, which it put my hitbox inside of the floor. The game registered this and tried to push me out. However, the previous animation put me so deep into the ground that the game pushed me in the wrong direction, trapping me under the ground. At least that is my two sense as someone who knows a little bit about videogames and nothing about coding.

Tagged: Pending

Comments