Pips disappearing randomly
I had 1/5 pips on rank 5, played 3 games. Depipped twice cause of unfortunate games. 3rd game i pipped up and got 3/5 pips at rank 6 after that match... ive noticed this a few times but thought i was just a little crazy.
By basic math i shoulda got my 4th pip yes?
Comments
You’re math is correct.
Not sure what exactly is causing your issue, but I will give you two known scenarios:
Example: A player is at Rank 1, then they DC. This brings them back to Rank 2 and 4/5 pips. They play another match and pip back up to Rank 1 again. Then they close out of DBD entirely and play a different game. When they load DBD again they will be at Rank 2 and 4/5 pips again. It’s like an extra de-pip penalty for the DC.
I know of this happening to several players (some intentionally DC’d and other’s unfortunately were disconnected no fault of their own) and they all experienced the drop in pips as described above.
Is it an internal intentional mechanism to counter the DC by way of a negpip penalty aside from the normal, instantaneous de-pip players receive? idk
I don’t know if the devs are aware, but there hasn’t been enough reporting of this glitch(?) for them to know to investigate it if it isn’t in fact something they intentionally implemented.
Edit: that’s at least some insight. Again, not sure what the exact cause of your mysteriously dropping a pip would be.