What has happened to console dbd!?
So I switched to PC and have been playing its been awesome! I saw the new rift and loved the legion skin so I decided to play on ps4 again so when or if cross progression happens for ps4 to pc I can use the new legion skin. I load into a stage and holy ######### the frames are WAY below how they used to be before the visual updates, its unplayable! I feel so bad for console players now Jesus Christ its terrible.
So I have a question, if I get to transfer my data from my ps4 to my pc will the stuff I have merge together? Or will I only have the stuff from my ps4? That would really blow if it did not merge.
Also are you going to optimize the game yet? Or are you just going to let all console players want to leave the game because their frames are at 10 FPS?
Comments
Alright, lots to cover here:
They are aware that the update caused severe performance issues for PS4 and have a team working on finding a fix to the problem. As far as I know, there's no ETA yet unfortunately.
IF (big if for now, but we can be optimistic) PlayStation and Xbox do indeed ever get Crossprogression, your accounts' progress will merge. This means you will keep all cosmetics, auric cells, and (presumably) shards from both accounts (not sure about BP). The "highest level" version of each character will be kept, so if you have a freshly P3'd Dwight on one account and a P1 Dwight with all perks on the other, you will keep the P3 Dwight and all of his perks/items/add-ons.
Theoretically, the graphical upgrades are intended to be an optimization of sorts (cleaning up various things in the maps so that they will look nicer without greatly reducing performance). These "optimizations" seem to have had mixed results so far, as many players have noticed reduced framerate on them. I'd guess pure game optimization is probably not as high of a priority with current-gen console tech at the moment as they prepare for DbD to make the jump to next-gen hardware, which will hopefully be better equipped to handle this game.
If you're playing on both platforms, I'd highly recommend sticking to PC for the time being.
So it is confirmed they will merge? Thank you for the information