5 map balance
In the wake of MacMillans nice new graphics that got me thinking. There should be 5 maps for each realm. MacMillans, Coldwind, and Autohaven have 5 maps each, But that's it. Nurse only has two. Hag only has two. And huntress only has two. And some like doctor one. I just believe all realms should have 5. And I don't count Clown and Plague having their own maps because they need their own realms. Clown needs something carnival or fair themed. And Plague middle eastern. Yamaoka is an exception because Spirit and Oni are family. And with license characters if you can get maps throughout their films or games. I believe a 5 balance is good though they'll have to be fair maps for both sides. I think they'll eventually but I hope they'll do it sooner instead of years. With originals maybe there could be maps from their archive scenes or in their backstory.
Comments
As long as they release new chapters at the frequency that they always have, there's not going to be 5 for each realm.
There's no way the devs are gonna release 5 new maps with every chapter in addition to balancing/updating older maps.
There's already over 30 different maps in the game. I think we've already got a respectable amount of variety.
Might make more sense to lump some of the existing maps together based on shared/similar characteristics instead.
For example, all of the indoor maps (Lery's, The Game, Underground Complex, Midwich, etc) could probably be crammed into one realm. Though it'd probably wind up being a realm that most players (or at least killers) would actively avoid...
Backwater Swamp and Yamaoka could receive the same treatment, as they tend to emphasize survivor stealth over looping (besides the handful of good structures that each of those maps get).
No idea how their map offerings would change if such a thing ever happened, but it's one thought.
Otherwise I guess they could consider giving more single-map realms the Badham Preschool Treatment (though hopefully with more creative titles for each of the maps beyond "Badham I" or "Badham III").
Or they could try to revisit some of the archetypes that defined maps from Macmillan, Autohaven, and Coldwind, and see how those templates might work with assets/tiles from other realms.
Either way, I think I'd rather see their team continue working on improving and re-balancing more of their old maps rather then developing a bunch of new ones (quality vs quantity).