The Rift/Tome change

So, The Rift has been pretty decisive. It adds a ton of grind to an already incredibly grindy game. The lore and skins are definitely neat, and I love getting more lore to this game but holy crap, grinding in a game like this is not fun, so I'm proposing a simple change. Maybe this has been said before, I don't know.

Just let us do two challenges at once. One of those ones you have to do across multiple games, the ones like Get Eight Iridescent Emblems, and one of the ones we have to do in a single game - like the Use Killer Power blank times in a single match or Survive using these perks in a single match. I feel like this would be a pretty simple change, and maybe even one that would lead to more people finishing the rift in time if they don't play the game for hours everyday. Sorry if this came across as rambly, I am very tired.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Well, the problem with this is that it won't make completing all 70 tiers of the rift faster -- you'll get the challenges done much faster sure and that'll boost you super fast for the first half of the rift, but then you're left having to grind the rest of the tiers by playing hundreds of games.

    That said, only being able to select one challenge is still dumb. Shouldn't have to select challenges period, imo.

    That's fair. I just feel like it might make it a little less grindy, at least for the rift shards in the tome. Who knows though.