What is the purpose of healing a downed survivor taking priority over a killer picking them up?
Are the survivors like, overpowering the killer or something? Most other interactions I can understand. Body blocks serve as good counterplay to tunneling, for example, so if you get a killer in a hallway who's chasing someone, you can force them to hit you or take a long way around.
You giving a dying man on the floor a back rub taking priority over me picking that person up, though. That's one I don't get.
On the off chance you don't already know, this is a strategy used by survivors at exit gates to safely escort downed people out with pretty much no downside, as the hits don't matter since you're leaving anyway.
Because of the timing of when it's primarily used, there's no real counterplay to it. Forcing people out just buys the person on the ground multiple seconds of free crawling.
Maybe if I could perform grabs on people who are healing, but somehow I doubt that would go over well. How about just give the pick up priority?
Comments
In my experience I've had people body block just to be toxic, no tunneling involved. It is annoying and I've seen it done at the exit gate. It's pointless. what could stop this is being able to gab someone while they're healing. another issue that doesn't help is the weapon clean off after a hit. It's a game mechanic sure but it's just abused.
It's just another little advantage so that people can have their little techs. It's annoying and it doesn't make any sense, but I doubt it will ever get changed because it's nice t-bag insurance.