4K 175%+ TEXT SCALING MOUSE LOCKING ISSUE
This issue I reported way back when got fixed once 4K scaling was put into place a couple of chapters ago. This bug resurfaced with this latest patch.
@Zensunim said:
Playing on a 4K monitor causes mouse buttons not to function if you've been moving your mouse right (looping clockwise) or down for too long.
How to recreate:
- Start the game using 4K resolution with 175% or higher text scaling
- Play a game as the killer (or load the tutorial)
- Look up at the sky, then look straight down at the ground
- Press M1, you won't be able to attack until you look up.
- Rotate your camera right 360 degrees or run around clockwise
- Press M1, you won't be able to attack until you rotate left.
This applies to M2 as well.
At 150% or 125%, it only happens sporadically, especially when chasing someone in a clockwise direction. At 100%, the bug doesn't occur at all, but the UI text is so small, it's very hard to read.
I reported this issue back in April on 2.6.4 and showed it off in this YouTube video. I tested this today on 3.3.0 PTB, it's still happening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TqFh5R29M8
I'm currently using the workaround of running PowerShell scripts that reduce my resolution to 1920x1080 with 100% text scaling before launching the game and restore my resolution back to 3840x2160 with 175% text scaling after playing. (I would like to play this game in 4K though).
Edit: Specified that I did test this on the 3.3.0 PTB today.
If I play killer and I'm chasing a survivor clockwise around something, I can't use M1 or M2.
Comments
Can confirm this happens in 2K as well.
Bug is still happening with the latest mid-chapter patch. ๐