Let´s talk Addons
So there´s an issue that has bothered me for quite some time. There are Killers with pointless or outright detrimental addons (not talking speed limiter, I kinda like the meme-y ones). For example, apart from Ultra rares the only beneficial addons for Ghostface that are worth running are recovery addons since the rest don´t offer much in comparison. No one needs crouching speed or MS while stalking. Killer instinct duration is so bad I´d never run it.
Oni has Iridescent Family Crest, an Ultra rare that´s worse than any of his other addons for some reason. Mirror shards/fragment and Vanity Mirror on Myers aren´t worth it, either. Sure, some of them are better than nothing, but at the same time they aren´t since they take up slots that could be occupied by better addons. The only purpose they seem to serve is to fill out bloodwebs to artificially extend the grind for the stuff you want. I´ve spent over one million BP on Myers last week only to get 5 J.Myers Memorial and 7 Memorial Flowers. It´s infuriating.
Watching Otz Stream tonight (and in this case I gotta take his word for it) he addressed the Engravings on Bubba that seem to give a net loss in most circumstances.
Fortunately this doesn´t hold true for every Killer. Looking at Clown or Trapper, for example, where each or most addons provide a reasonable benefit that makes them attractive to run.
From what I hear DBD mobile has an option to trade in all the trash. I´d love to see such a feature for the main game, even if the trade-in would only refund a fration of the original price. I can´t be the only one sitting on hundreds of useless addons I´ll never use.
What do you think? Has anyone even some information whether such a feature is at least considered by the DEVs, even?
Comments