Thanks for the new Hit Validation!

Look at this! This is so horrible.

I hit the Kate twice, both the times she was injured but she didn't go down.


UPDATE : It looks like there a conflicting views whether it is hit validation or hack. Can any mod or dev confirm/deny this?

https://youtu.be/LFwWRKb8oWs

https://youtu.be/LFwWRKb8oWs

Comments

  • Back in July I had sent a ticket to BHVR notifying them of a sudden change in my ping. I was told it will be looked at, but I won't recieve any updates on this further. Fair. But my ping has remained high constant ever since. Nothing has changed. I have a stable 100mbps connection. Is hit validation really fair if the server decides the ping? Bhvr needs to add more servers.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655469#Comment_1655469

    Okay, but why is the killer forced to go through a weapon cooldown, and have blood effects obscure their vision?

    Also it doesnt protect against laggy survivors, but actually helps them. Survivors have full authority over their psoition on the map. You can see that when a survivor is lagging. They start teleporting around and skipping frames. If you down one, they teleport to where they got down on THEIR screen as well. But when a killer lags, they start to rubberband, and set back, or decerated. The entire netcode is being modified to favour survivors more and more.

    That was strange too, maybe it's something they didn't implemented on the code or it was really a hacker. Survivors don't have authority over nothing, what decides where the player/killer should be is the server. Killers with bad connection also teleports too and probably the laggy movements from survivors is just the prediction algorithm trying to find the best pattern to simulate the running to appear correct, only the servers has the autorithy to determinate where a survivor is, if laggy survivors had authority over they movements on their end, they would probably never get hit.

    About the survivors getting downed on different spot from the Killer screen is because when you down a survivor, the animation of being downed can be different on the survivor and the killer screen, so thats why sometimes they teleport just teleport where they were in their screen.

    @Khalednazari said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655469#Comment_1655469

    There are no servers in a region nearby to me. I will always have 150-200 ping. What do I do in such scenarios?

    Well your only option is to wait for they to buy servers near your location.

1 2 ›