Why are all killer notification the same sound and appearance with few exceptions

  • someone comes off a hook
  • someone blows a gen
  • someone vaults through a window
  • someone throws a pebble(that makes sense actually)
  • ect

Am I the only one that thinks that some of the notifications should sound different? I get confused as to what's actually going on because the all look and sound the same.


also how new is the off hook notification? I don't remember it being a thing.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think that ambiguity is very intentional. It feels to me like the entity directing the killer to a point of interest, which I think is really enough. It would also be a nerf to the almighty pebble if they were to change it, and we can't be having that!

    I'm not 100% sure about the off-the-hook notification, but I don't ever remember it not being there. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention though and forgot how it used to be.

    that makes sense I guess I just never noticed the unhook notification before. I don't play killer as often but I'm trying to do it more.