Survivor - Run/Walk Slow, Choppy, Stopping Mid-Run

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as survivor in a public match

Step 3 : In-game, running (from killer, not from killer), walking, crouch-walking all are moving slower than normal. This changes from a small lag to choppy, glitched movement and considerable lag, particularly when being chased. Survivor sometimes moves at half the rate of other survivors. Sometimes while run button is held down survivor will slow to a walk.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

  • Steve
  • Borrowed Time, Urban Evasion, Kindred, Spine Chill
  • Multiple maps, including Yamaoka Estate, Autohaven Wreckers, Coldwind Farm, Badham Preschool, Gideon Meat Plant
  • Started last night around 10pm, has been every game since (have played ~10 matches today)
  • Have turned off/on and restarted app, no change. Have tried different controllers, no change.
Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • If your on console or on a controller then your left analog controller has dirt in it, I blew in it to fix that issue and worked like normal after. I've also used an air compressor blower for pc on the edges of the analog stick then rotated to clean it out.

    Before I did this I had the same issue but if you aim diagonal the character ran normal (it frustrated me back then)

  • @TwiztedMannix said:

    If your on console or on a controller then your left analog controller has dirt in it, I blew in it to fix that issue and worked like normal after. I've also used an air compressor blower for pc on the edges of the analog stick then rotated to clean it out.

    Before I did this I had the same issue but if you aim diagonal the character ran normal (it frustrated me back then)

    Tried multiple controllers including a brand new one and the issue is ongoing. ๐Ÿ˜”

  • @gummystar2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653722#Comment_1653722

    Tried multiple controllers including a brand new one and the issue is ongoing. ๐Ÿ˜”

    On what system? can the controllers be used on other games?

    It could be defective connection with BT/wireless, If you put a wooden board or hide the console the connection gets screwy like that also, signal gets weaker with distance. I've made the signal weak at around 2 feet before on a PS4 with my desk (no line of sight)

    make sure there's line of sight ??? posiible BT/wireless issue or PC Drivers.

  • @TwiztedMannix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655657#Comment_1655657

    On what system? can the controllers be used on other games?

    It could be defective connection with BT/wireless, If you put a wooden board or hide the console the connection gets screwy like that also, signal gets weaker with distance. I've made the signal weak at around 2 feet before on a PS4 with my desk (no line of sight)

    make sure there's line of sight ??? posiible BT/wireless issue or PC Drivers.

    PS4 - controllers are working fine playing other games on the system (PUBG, Fall Guys both work fine so online play is working too). There is nothing blocking/hiding the system, it is on a riser to increase airflow under the system. I'm only sitting about three feet from the console when playing.


    Other characters run by me at sometimes twice the speed. I cannot evade any killers if they spot me. I'm getting super frustrated. ๐Ÿ˜”

  • Devs - I was able to get video of the lag issue but cannot add it to post now. Should I post again or send it somewhere?

  • @gummystar2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656257#Comment_1656257

    PS4 - controllers are working fine playing other games on the system (PUBG, Fall Guys both work fine so online play is working too). There is nothing blocking/hiding the system, it is on a riser to increase airflow under the system. I'm only sitting about three feet from the console when playing.

    Other characters run by me at sometimes twice the speed. I cannot evade any killers if they spot me. I'm getting super frustrated. ๐Ÿ˜”

    Wish I could help but when I've had this issue the other games had no issues with the controller also. It's only Dead by Daylight that does this.

    If they let us use the D-pad instead then I believe it can be resolved or made the left analog into instant direction instead of slowly creeping to that direction.

    I had to buy new controllers for it to work properly but blowing into the analog stick (cuz the bottom has dirt where it makes contact inside) and rotating it a few times has fixed all of them also. grease from food and dirt get in there.

  • @TwiztedMannix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1657373#Comment_1657373

    Wish I could help but when I've had this issue the other games had no issues with the controller also. It's only Dead by Daylight that does this.

    If they let us use the D-pad instead then I believe it can be resolved or made the left analog into instant direction instead of slowly creeping to that direction.

    I had to buy new controllers for it to work properly but blowing into the analog stick (cuz the bottom has dirt where it makes contact inside) and rotating it a few times has fixed all of them also. grease from food and dirt get in there.

    I do have some electronic contact cleaner. I'll try it tomorrow.

  • @gummystar2 said:

    Step 1 : Boot the game

    Step 2 : Play as survivor in a public match

    Step 3 : In-game, running (from killer, not from killer), walking, crouch-walking all are moving slower than normal. This changes from a small lag to choppy, glitched movement and considerable lag, particularly when being chased. Survivor sometimes moves at half the rate of other survivors. Sometimes while run button is held down survivor will slow to a walk.

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    • Steve
    • Borrowed Time, Urban Evasion, Kindred, Spine Chill
    • Multiple maps, including Yamaoka Estate, Autohaven Wreckers, Coldwind Farm, Badham Preschool, Gideon Meat Plant
    • Started last night around 10pm, has been every game since (have played ~10 matches today)
    • Have turned off/on and restarted app, no change. Have tried different controllers, no change.

    I have this problem too. Definitely a game/latency glitch as my controller works fine on every other game and this glitch stops when playing tutorial i.e not in a match with other players.