Please, if you unhook someone, don't just leave them to get downed again.
I guess I main killer, though I try to play both. But this I definitely say from the view of a killer main: Don't leave people you unhook defenseless!
Should be obvious, but I've been rank 1-2 for quite some time now and I had two games just last night where the unhookers just vanished in a puff of smoke each time they unhooked someone. Getting to safety is good, but remember that the person you unhooked is leaving blood trails and is louder than normal. Both of these games, the unhookers didn't have BT, which of course would've made it fine.
I don't want to attack the person who just got off the hook, I just don't like playing like that, but if I literally can't find anyone else because you went hardcore immersed and left this person out in the open, well... I'm not just gonna turn around and leave, y'know?
Sometimes you have to take a hit, or even a down, especially when people are on death hooks. You getting your first hook isn't a big deal compared to Claudette getting sacrificed. Your chances of winning drop dramatically the second anyone actually dies.
Again, I shouldn't have to say any of this, it's all super obvious stuff, which is why it continues to amaze me that I see players doing this kind of thing. Even if you really don't want to be hit, at least make yourself visible if you don't have BT! I'll happily take a chase where you get a head start over murdering poor Claudette right after an unhook.
I know, I get it, plenty of killers are happy to tunnel and mori and camp you, but throwing the game to avoid a health state is crazy. At some point you're better off just leaving them on the hook while you continue doing gens because at least then there's another thing for the killer to keep an eye on.
Comments
The problem is you don't know what type of killer you are up against.
There are killers that don't like chasing the same person, in this situation, the correct play would be to try to get the killer on you.
At the same time, there are killers that will have already decided they will tunnel, so you're better off doing a gen and hoping whoever you unhooked has DS.
In general, you should try to get the killers attention and if it's easy take a hit. If they ignore you, then you should immediately leave to work on a gen. There's no point in trying to force taking a hit.
Your post has merit since it´s obviously not obvious enough - it´s a common misplay you see very often.
I really dislike "tunneling" (loose term) myself but in cases like this you have no other options other than wasting 40 walking to check a gen, which is an unreasonable expectation.
TUNNELER!!!
But as I said, in that case the person is more valuable (and safer) on the hook rather than someone without BT coming to make a bad save. You're losing gen time and hook defense pressure for no reason. If you think they're going to tunnel, then the person on the hook will live longer just struggling.