Disappointments in Developer Update
When I heard about them buffing unpopular perks, I was excited,
and it is indeed a good thing, but after reading the whole Developer Update, I realize:
- No Object of Obsession changes
- Out of all the meta perks right now, only nerfing the killer one (Pop goes..)
- Nice little buffs to a lot of perks, but none of them can shake the meta
I know Devs invested a lot of time in this patch to balance the game,
but if there is no significant changes to shake the meta and fix the real problematic perk (OoO),
what is the point of releasing a whole patch that is dedicated to perks balancing?
A little more explanation on why no OoO changes is disappointing:
The problem with OoO is that it divides SWF and solos,
the perk is too strong in SWF, but mediocre in Solo,
and quoiting BHVR, they want to balance Solo to the level of SWF,
then this perk should be their top priority in their logic.
However, the biggest perk unbalancing patch, which will be this one, has no OoO changes.
Comments
So it wasn't so much what's in the update that's disappointing to you, but what's not in there.
Yup, priority matters when doing perks balancing.
I don't think anyone would disagree OoO is the most problematic perks in the game when it comes to balancing
and on top of whats not in there,
as I said none of the perks changes can shake the meta.
If I'm still gonna see the same set of perks every game,
why would it matters if they buff some tier 5 perks to tier 4?
*raises hand*
OoO is not nearly as bad as DS.
At least OoO only effects matches where the Survivor actually brings the perk. And OoO can be countered by more than 1 Killer.
The problem with OoO is that it divides SWF and solos,
the perk is too strong in SWF, but mediocre in Solo,
and quoiting BHVR, they want to balance Solo to the level of SWF,
then this perk should be their top priority in their logic.
However, the biggest perk unbalancing patch, which will be this one, has no OoO changes.
My thoughts;
Make DS activate for 15 seconds. Paused while in a chase or downed. So if killer is actually tunneling it does its job. If killer slugs you it does its job.
Borrowed time - keep as is just require the person to be hooked for 10 to 15 seconds before it activates. Give the killer a chance to leave.
OoO - instead of auras gives killer instinct notification to both sides. Still know where killer is but not whi or what they are doing.
UB is fine as its once per game.
While I too am a bit disappointed that none of Laurie's perks are being touched, I'm still pretty okay with the silver lining:
We're Gonna Live Forever is getting an actual in-trial effect.
It's a little thing, but I'm happy it's happening. Even if few of the other changes strike me as being all that substantial.
OoO makes really good SWF broken against some Killers. Bad to mediocre SWF will just go down in the chase anyways.
DS makes everyone broken against all but 1 Killer, even if they don't actually run the perk.
I just wanted my Michael rework.