Today Has Made Me Hate This Game...
What a miserable day it has been. Had the day off work and spouse is engrossed in a new book.
Decided to hammer out some games today, get some practice in, maybe get a bit better at chases and try and get out of yellow ranks finally.
Haha...no dice.
I wish I was exaggerating when I say that today has been possibly the end of DbD for me, at least for the time being.
So far today: 6 games put me against 3-4 man groups involving higher ranking survivors queuing with a lowbie. You'd think they'd be nice, have some fun and earn some BP if they were going to do this sort of thing - but no, their express purpose was to get as many gens done as fast as possible and then teabag me from the entrance and mock me in postgame.
Another 5 had me up against 3-4man SWFs, nearly all running Object and every one with full meta perks and insane levels of coordination, meaning that if I was lucky I'd get 1-2 hooks all game.
The final 2 actually felt like my rank, where I was able to get a kill or two, practice chases against people who didn't immediately vanish off into the horizon and finally feel like I was having fun. But...yeah.
On top of this, there seems to be...something up with lobbies. Trying to learn Wraith, but every time I pick him, two or three flashlights pop out just before game starts. If I switch to Doctor - don't see it. Does Wraith have some weird tell in the lobby that I'm unaware of? Or is this just paranoia brought on by a legitimately foul experience?
I don't know. I really don't.
BHVR - why on earth did you remove killer matchmaking and the matchmaking protections against smurfing? When you can clearly see that it's two or three high rankers and one lowbie (who still has full meta perks and a tricked out toolbox, somehow) something is amiss.
Anyways, yes, cry moar and git gud and all that. But I'm starting to hit my limits here. It's one thing getting outplayed, or having a nice even two kill game in amongst the crushing defeats - however when I'm getting ground into the dirt and spat upon literally every game...it's very difficult to keep on plugging away.
Cheers all, going to go be sad for a bit. I really do love this game - but at present, it feels more like an abusive spouse than a loyal friend.
- EDIT, and there we go again. I join lobby on Wraith, three flashlights pop out and after checking profiles, two of the people facing me have 1k hours plus. What on earth...?
Comments
yes red rank both sides is very smurfy