How do you verify reports?
Hi,
I'm curious as to how you actually verify in-game reports. As in: how do you make sure that you are not banning players because someone is salty because they died (it's been known to happen occasionally...) and report them for things they did not actually do. I would imagine that successful killers especially collect a lot of undeserved reports.
I would imagine that you have things like chat logs, but can you actually prove, e.g., hacks, exploiting bugs, taking the game hostage, "targeting specific players" (how is that different from tunneling?)?
I'm not asking for technical details. I would just like to know how you make sure that the bans are actually deserved.
Comments
We have a team of Associate Community Managers in charge of reviewing the reports.
They can see a lot of in-game information when you fill in the in-game report.
Since there is not automated bans, except the ones delivered by EAC, the rest is investigated.
I don't think they have an exact record (or replay) of the entire match. More likely, there are various statistics which can help the ACM to verify the report, like:
that's what I would think, and I would implement, but nothing official