Lunging Attack sometimes doesn't work

I've stopped playing this game for a while and jumped back in arround 2 weeks ago.

(I play on PC via Steam)

I've noticed that lots of times (atleast 1-3 times per game) my lunging attack doesn't register.

My mouse is perfectly fine (Swapped it once) but sometimes while I am in a chase, I am holding M1 to go for the lunge and it just swings instantly, doing a quick attack.

This can be pretty frustrating.

Anyone else having this issue?

I've noticed it pretty much on every killer I've tested so far.

(Spirit, Freddy, Deathslinger, Wraith, Ghostface)

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Are you sure your M1 isn't breaking? I had a similar issue with my M2 where I'd be charging a blink as Nurse and then without warning I'd just blink despite not letting go of the button. Turned out it was just my M2 breaking.

    I changed my mouse once and it still happened.

    I don't have any issues with it while playing other games.

    It's just weird.

    Sometimes I am just doing lunging-attacks freely in the open and it works perfectly, but as soon as a chase starts and when they 'should' hit, it feels like a gamble where they sometimes just bug out.

  • Didn't try switching ports yet. I'll test it, but I also doubt that this is the issue.

    At first I thought it's some kind of crossplay issue, because most of the time it happened while I was chasing console-survivors (as a PC killer).

    But then it happened once or twice with PC survivors, too.

    Regarding the timing I haven't noticed anything specific yet.

    It happened way before Bloodlust would kick in.

    It's weird. Whenever I go for longer lunges that should hit - they just interrupt early like the game tries to deny me the hit.

    And I am not talking about 'barely hitting' - just the difference where a quick attack wouldnt hit, but a lunge should.

    But even though I hold M1 it just instantly goes off.

    Like I said, this happens like 1-3 per game. Sometimes it doesnt happen at all. Sometimes it happens twice.

    It's just weird.