Freddy Re-work Suggestions

My buddy Nomad and I came up with some suggestions to improve upon Freddy since the Devs stated that he would be next in line with the re-work they got going on.Hopefully they see this because their original idea of his power growing with each person in the dream world made these ideas possible.

Power Re-work---The problem with Freddy is that his power allows him to hit Survs, no one else needs this power because it's stupid so to fix it we just change the concept a little bit. So with every Surv in the Dream World his power grows, so far we came up with this, Once two Survs are put into the Dreamworld at the same time Freddy crosses over in the real world to hunt Survs like any other killer but is sent back to the Dreamworld once both Survs are woken up. This makes falling asleep scary and something no one wants. Also this puts some strategy into Freddy as well, he wouldn't want those two Survs on the hook because it cause them to wake up and weaken him. Yes this still makes his power only useful to hit people but now it's a lot more cooler.Just judging by this it would make sense for something else to happen if you manage to get all 4 into the Dreamworld at the same time but I can't think of anything other than Exposing them all until they can wake up.

Second we thought that once you are put to sleep Survs should become Exhausted because that makes sense, normally people don't feel energized when they're asleep. Also we think that he should not have a terror radius for Survs when they are awake, it's Lore friendly with the character, it makes sense because he is in another dimension like the Wraith when he's invisible, and once you're falling asleep the Heartbeat can be the song, or just keep the Heartbeat it really doesn't matter.

Add-ons---Nomad came up with these really cool irridescent add-ons, they're workling titles.

Soiled Panties---All Survs start in the Dreamworld
Pristine Boxers---All or 4 Generators are only in the Dreamworld. I like the idea of 4 of them because you can do the first 3 in the real world but to get the last 2 to get out you need to fall asleep, you need to enter the domain of the killer in order to escape. A debuff for this could be his natural aura reading ability being disabled but Perks that allow it can still be used, etc

The Dreamworld---I personally don't like the look of the Dreamworld, it's too dark, I literally had to up the birhgtness of my TV in order to play him. Also Freddy's world is centered around fire and gore so maybe things like that should only appear in the Dreamworld and kind of like making it an actual seperate world. This next part would require work but it would be cool, maybe add things in the Dreamworld that are only in there Dreamworld, like stairways or walls, an easier form would be have two randomized maps just sit on each other but one is for Survs and one is for Freddy until he switches into reality of course.

Anyway if you guys like these ideas please get this out there for the Devs because I know one of them wanted to make him more powerful but couldn't think of anything at the time. Nomad and I thought about these for a while and hopefully the Devs see this or you guys can come up with something cooler.

Comments

  • There are some great ideas here! I especially love the half generators being in the dream world. I really hope the Devs take a look at this and think it over.

  • There are some great ideas here! I especially love the half generators being in the dream world. I really hope the Devs take a look at this and think it over.

    I dont think soiled panties will come in due to the well, overtly sexual child thing it is and is just meh. Just update an already made add on lol. Nice concepts though. The rework idea is cool, not sure how it'll work. If the devs took off aura reading from the dream, he's gonna be weaker so I believe they should add effects or update it to be honest. Freddy I feel like is like the doc, not fun to play against but fun to play as.
  • Freddy is a child molester so we thought soiled panties was funny, they already have VHS Porn for the Clown.