A Question About Ping
So yesterday I had a salty Huntress report me to the devs for having a "230ms ping". Being reported for that reason is pretty amusing, but here's the thing:
My ping is NOT that high. I have a solid internet connection and get a consistent 55ms. It's not insane, but it's absolutely playable. My ping said 55ms both before and after the match, and I didn't notice any latency/lag from my end. The last time I had anybody complain about connection issues was over two years ago, when I was (admittedly) playing on Wifi due to circumstances beyond my control.
Is it possible that we're playing so geographically separated that she actually did see my ping as being high? I don't know how this works after the move to dedicated servers. I remember back when killers hosted each match I would play against people in Central/South America and connection issues could get pretty real. I'm in the American midwest, BTW.
Or was she just salty because I was the only one on my team who knew how to counterplay Huntress, and she was mistaking my wiggling movements as lag?
Comments