Regardless of strategy, as a killer I am always the toxic one according to survivors?
I am pretty new to the game, have few perks and try to have a fun game and noticed two tactics that work quite well if the initial snowball doesn't turn out all to well because the generators are getting slammed all because I took 30 to 40 seconds to run after someone that was better at looping or played it safe (most of my games). Might have gotten a hit or two in on survivors, even a hook if I am lucky two, but decide to not camp the hook and try to play nice. You know become better at the game, put pressure on the map and all that. Yet before I know it 3/4 generators are done and the game is going out of control... as I need my blood points and I will always try my best to win, there isn't much options for me to do.
I have noticed that I can do two things to try and get myself a comeback position and yet apparently either is toxic?
- Defend 3 generators and try to slug people down and actually try to win the game by preventing them from escaping.
- Identify weak links and tunnel/slug them to try and create a situation that I can get like 2 kills in before the game ends. Try to make them try and save each other, neglect the last one or two generators.
Both are countered quite effectively by good players. This might postpone the game a bit by defending the generators or end it quickly by having them rush the generators and rank me up some blood points for trying to win. Somehow as a level 12 killer rank I am being told by the purple, red ranks with full perk builds that are focused around running away, not dying, anti-tunnel, saving each other and what not... that I am being toxic and playing the game wrong. Like somehow that the three generators near each other at the end stage of the game was my doing and I should just mindlessly chase someone fully aware that the generator will be done within 30/40 seconds?
If I am not allowed to tunnel people down and diminish the opponents numbers as fast as possible, I will end up going for a three generator strategy... and since I don't have the perks to regress them quick enough I need to abandon a chase and head back soon, I don't really see any other way around it... if survivors then decide to keep resetting the moment I get some hits in on multiple people, take the time to all heal up and try again... once the generators cool down a bit, don't blame me that the game is taking to long!
It might be that with anti-generator progression perks there is a way to make a game something else than a 3 generator defense game with me ping-ponging between them or a tunnel game or a full snowball. Yet as a new player it is still far away for me to grind up all these meta builds. I am either a filthy tunneling hook camper or I am a filthy generator camper! To be honest I get why people stop caring about tunneling/hook camping and being called names, because frankly it just seems that in the eyes of the survivors nothing that a killer does can be considered the way to play as a killer. At least if I tunnel I get some kills in and the game ends quickly one way or the other.
So... for all those survivors that love telling killers they are doing it wrong, how are killers supposed to play the game if they are weaker or similar skilled at the game? I am all ears, because regardless of whether I go for the kills or the defense of generators there seems to be no way to win and you are surprised that killers just slug, tunnel and camp? Tea bag more, flashlight click more and taunt quick vault all you want, but I am going to defend those generators and try to win the game!
Comments