Perk Idea: range hunter


when you get into a lunge, you get the undetectable effect for 2 seconds.

for every successful lunge attack, you gain a 3%/4.5%/6% increased lunge speed, up to 30%.

lunge duration is fixed at 0.35 seconds.

Comments

  • @PsycologicalTrick said:

    when you get into a lunge, you get the undetectable effect for 2 seconds.

    for every successful lunge attack, you gain a 3%/4.5%/6% increased speed, up to 30%.

    lunge duration is fixed at 0.35 seconds.

    I dunno man. I'm not sure what kind of value 2 seconds of undetectable would even get you. And lunge duration is already fixed. I don't know where this idea came from thay different killers have different lunges. They're all the same (save Myers outside of EW2).

    As for gaining a speed boost with every hit? That just seems crazy OP. Where's the drawback? How do you lose your speed boost? Just look at Play With Your Food as a counter-example. You have to farm speed boosts for roughly 30 seconds to get to +15% movement speed, then you start losing that benefit with each attack.

  • @TheWarNung said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/191128/perk-idea-range-hunter

    I dunno man. I'm not sure what kind of value 2 seconds of undetectable would even get you. And lunge duration is already fixed. I don't know where this idea came from thay different killers have different lunges. They're all the same (save Myers outside of EW2).

    As for gaining a speed boost with every hit? That just seems crazy OP. Where's the drawback? How do you lose your speed boost? Just look at Play With Your Food as a counter-example. You have to farm speed boosts for roughly 30 seconds to get to +15% movement speed, then you start losing that benefit with each attack.

    the undetectable is for hiding red stain.

    secondly, the speed ONLY applied during lunges and can only gained through SUCCESFUL LUNGE ATTACK.

    it seems that you did not understand what I said. reread again please.

  • @TheWarNung said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/191128/perk-idea-range-hunter

    I dunno man. I'm not sure what kind of value 2 seconds of undetectable would even get you. And lunge duration is already fixed. I don't know where this idea came from thay different killers have different lunges. They're all the same (save Myers outside of EW2).

    As for gaining a speed boost with every hit? That just seems crazy OP. Where's the drawback? How do you lose your speed boost? Just look at Play With Your Food as a counter-example. You have to farm speed boosts for roughly 30 seconds to get to +15% movement speed, then you start losing that benefit with each attack.

    Also, the normal lunge duration is 0.3 seconds.

  • Oh, okay. You want longer lunges? I guess I can get behind that. I'd still have to see it in action though. And it would still need a drawback in the vein of STBFL or PWYF.

  • But 2 consecutive strikes downs a survivor. Lunge or not. Wouldn't then the next survivor just be SOL after so many times a lunge gets stacked?

  • @IIITweedleIII said:

    But 2 consecutive strikes downs a survivor. Lunge or not. Wouldn't then the next survivor just be SOL after so many times a lunge gets stacked?

    a maximum of 205% (8.2 m/s) speed for 0.35 seconds (the game only allow 0.3 seconds maximum) would cover in a single lunge a maximum of 2.87 meter only. but also, you need to consider that a minimum 5 successful lunge attacks is required to even reach the maximum speed. not all the attacks are lunges, however, I am assuming that lunge attack is the only possible attack here.

    so I would say there is a low chance of a major impact.