Why the Blight in my opinion is the Best Playable Character
Here is why I deem The Blight the Best Killer or even the best Lore Character.
First off the DBD team has been leaking The Alchemist for a very long time and some did have a feeling it will be a character in the game but overall no lot of people thought the same way. He is the most known character from the archives without anyone know what his true past is and at this point I will not be surprised if Vigo shows up as a Survivor.
His Released lore was awesome and showed how his curiosity some what lead him to the Entity. The Blight's Addons are also very unique because not because of the effects but the descriptions since he is some what connected to other characters or knows somewhat of the others trapped in this twisted game of the Entity. Addons have connections to The Spirit World which is used by The Wraith and The Nurse but also is connected to Vigo and The Plague. With this the Devs gave use information to create more theories on how he is connected like did he extract things out of the Killers to create some stuff and did he ever meet Vigo at some point.
The Blight's power is more useful then people give credit for. If the gates become open then just use his power to bolt towards the exits while slamming on obstacles which if you have the right addons will show the Survivor's Auras. Mastering his slams can improve your chances to win the game while mind gaming the Survivors. You can find hatch much easier due to his power and cool down but also has normal speed so no fear of losing prey easily. His Perks to me are extremely useful in lot of situations and mixing perks with the Blight.......dear god. Also mixing Perks with Blight is awesome since I kinda pretend he is some what stealing powers from other killers due to him experimenting on them before which he may have found a way to duplicate their powers but in weaker forms.
I am going to be honest I always wanted Mr Hyde or Jack the Ripper in Dead By Daylight but I am pretty sure this killer is a combination of both so I am satisfied with just having this Character. He is like bits and pieces from both merged into the Lore of Dead By Daylight. He is mostly Hyde but some what of Jack because of his Store Outfit which is also similar to Hyde. I say Jack because he is from London and does seem to have some similarities to other versions of Jack the Ripper in the Media and Video Games but not the real life version. Even though he is more Hyde then Jack I just wanted to mention Jack because of his Gentleman outfit Description.
He is Mostly Hyde because he is a transformed/mutated version of himself like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. The Blight uses a Walking Cane like Mr Hyde when he murdered someone in the Novel. Both are Scientists and used chemicals to "Enhance" themselves. His power reminds me of Hyde from the Media on how quick he is to murder someone and how sometimes he is really fast to do so. Both are from London and dressed the same way because of the Outfit from the Store.
What is unique about how he came to the Entity is that the entity did not give him fog to travel into the realm but rather an alternate way and pleased him with gifts like the field of orange flowers and the Entity's voice beckoned to him, urging him to enter the field and discover worlds and dimensions beyond human comprehension. Also the Entity left him a message which reads Death is only the beginning. So far it seems The Entity has future plans for Talbot aka the Blight which begs the question......Is something big going to happen inside the Entity's Realm someday? Like I said with all the lore that came with this character fans can make theories on what happened or what is going to happen.
Also made this to express how much I love this new Dlc but also the new [or old] Killer that the Devs bestowed on to us.
Comments
Also yeah I did waste time making this just really love the new DLC so thought the community would like to hear one of the positives of the new DLC instead of thinking its a bad one.
I love the Blight. He is the best designed character they've ever made. His actual character design is sick af. I just wish his pov was higher.
100% true and who knows maybe the devs will increase his POV.