Frequently crashing halfway through the match.

Fatal error: [File:Unknown] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0005 - 'REMOVED')


DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 47677812 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 47679235 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 47636811 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 57746123 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 57745960 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 57735862 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 63308267 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 63318073 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 41633891 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 57997826 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 57999139 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 43007691 bytes

DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 42985233 bytes

kernel32 {0x0000000000000000} + 94164 bytes

ntdll {0x0000000000000000} + 315073 bytes


Anyone know what this is and how to fix it? I was getting it on the PTB and figured it would get fixed but it came across to the live servers with Blight.

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • More information:

    It isn't consistent. Sometimes I get through games without having this happen. The common threads seem to be Blight or one of the Reworked maps. I've played 4-5 Blight games and crashed out of every single one. Then tonight I've played 2 Slinger and 2 Huntress games. Only one has crashed and it was Slinger on Badham Preschool.

  • Fatal error: [File:Unknown] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0005 - 'REMOVED')


    I am also experiencing this issue, ever since trying the PTB and since the Blight chapter update. Crashing occurs within a minute in a match with new graphics or killer, and takes around 5 mins to crash in a match without, and doesn't seem to have a particular trigger.

  • @Terrasmate said:

    Fatal error: [File:Unknown] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0005 - 'REMOVED')

    I am also experiencing this issue, ever since trying the PTB and since the Blight chapter update. Crashing occurs within a minute in a match with new graphics or killer, and takes around 5 mins to crash in a match without, and doesn't seem to have a particular trigger.

    I saw a post from someone else with this same problem. A mod replied and suggested forcing Dead by Daylight to use an earlier version of Direct X. I tried it and on Direct X 10.1 I finally have a completed game as Blight. Here's the guide for doing it that I used.

    Welcome to the useful Windows group! This is a serious Windows group allowing users to help and get help regarding any Windows OS, including the old ones. If you need help with something (or just advices), feel free to post a new discussion. If you're an expert, feel free to help other people. Please don't post phishing and/or spam in the comments section and/or in the discussions, otherwise you'll be permabanned from our group. Good stay, The Founder . Discussions General Rules Find h

    I hope it works for you and continues to work for me.

  • Thank you for passing this on, I'll check it out!