New pallet/breakable walls animation...
Can we can some insight on why the debris animations when breaking a pallet/breakable wall are rendered in 30fps (if not lower)? What year is it, you guys? Why is this acceptable?
Can we can some insight on why the debris animations when breaking a pallet/breakable wall are rendered in 30fps (if not lower)? What year is it, you guys? Why is this acceptable?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I'm seeing it run pretty smoothly on PC.
And I gotta say... it looks pretty sweet. There's lots of nice little graphical touches with this overhaul. I've been seeing mixed reviews on how well it's optimized on consoles, but on PC at least it seems to have actually bumped my FPS up a bit.
It's not smooth. If it's smooth to you - you probably aren't that sensitive to FPS differences.
You can literally unpack the file and see it's in 30fps. I'm not talking about the gameplay; and yes, visually it looks great. I'm talking about the animation of the debris after you break the pallet/wall. That animation alone is rendered in 30fps, which stands out when everything around it is in 60+ FPS.
It’s super noticeable and honestly pretty bad-looking. I’m sure it would look cool in 60FPS but at 30 it looks really out of place.
Yep. It reminds me of Assassins Creed: Syndicate, where the game ran great, at high framerates...but the physics animations for all the clothes movement/blowing in the wind was at 30fps, which seemed silly to me.
I mean come on, it's 2020. How is this still a thing that happens?