PC - Hex Undying sometimes not activating

I've had this happen twice now, once in a custom game and once in a regular game with random survivors.

  • Both times I was playing as Blight, and both times I had the same perk loadout:
  • - Hex: Undying, Hex: Ruin, Tinkerer, Surveillance.
  • I loaded into the match and had only 1 active totem which was Hex: Ruin. Hex: Undying's perk icon was not lit up, I am unsure if the aura reading effect of Undying was working, but I didn't notice it if it was.
  • Once the single lit totem was cleansed Hex: Ruin was disabled and didn't jump as it should have.
  • The map i was in for the custom game was Blood lodge, while the regular match was Groaning storehouse.

Prior to the Groaning Storehouse match, I played a match with blight on Gas Heaven and the perk worked as intended; 2 totems were lit up, and when one was cleansed it jumped to a different totem. the only thing different between the Gas heaven and groaning storehouse games on my side was the map, and one of my 2 addons.

  • I used Umbra Salts and Canker Thorn on Gas Heaven, While on Storehouse I use Umbra Salts and Compound Thirty-Three
Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • I just did some more testing in custom games with just killer and 1 survivor to see if I could repeat the problem and It seems I may have been wrong about the totem not working, It appears as of the totems are just not lighting up, and don't make the explasion sound when they are cleansed.

    • I loaded into about 10 custom games in a row, each time it seemed random, sometimes both Ruin and Undying were lit up, Sometimes just one of them were (could be either) and sometimes neither of them were.
    • i could only see a totem's aura if the perk was lit up, but the Ruin effect still worked even if there were no lit totems.
    • After cleansing 2 totems with the survivor, suddenly hex ruin's icon lit up, and I could now see the totem's aura on the killer... However I had run past all 5 totems with the survivor, and none of them were lit.

    I'm not entirely sure that the issue is not caused by custom games, but it did happen once in a regular match too (though I had done a custom game previously without closing the game).

  • I recorded an example of the issue in a custom game from both the killer and survivor's perspective.

    this time is different again though, in the previous custom game that I didn't record, even the survivor couldn't see that the totem was lit. I cleansed what looked like a dull totem, and suddenly ruin jumped to a new totem from the killer's point of view.

    In this one, the survivor can see the lit totems as normal. It's only the killer that cant see them.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVjBpY9pLAY

    Don't mind the janky movement on the survivor, I was playing him on my laptop without a mouse, and using the arrow keys to turn the camera.