I'm sorry, but the dev's reasoning for not adding in more gestures is absurd

(see the write-up of the dev stream)


saying they won't add more gestures out of worry they'd be abused is frankly absurd. If that's genuinely the reasoning they out to remove all sorts of gestures, including crouching.

The positive effects of more gestures for both sides (like keybound nodding and headshaking, shrugging, sighing etc) would make communicating much easier and help more than it'd be used for bad at bottom line.

Humans will always find a way to mess with something, but they'll usually also find ways to use something for good.

Comments

  • Its a really easy way to actual combat gesture spamming/abuse.

    Hear me out here.

    Animation lock.

    Aka, if you want to dab on the Killer, then you'll need to wait for the entire animation to finish before you can move again. Bonus points if you make most gestures last 3 seconds.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    Its a really easy way to actual combat gesture spamming/abuse.

    Hear me out here.

    Animation lock.

    Aka, if you want to dab on the Killer, then you'll need to wait for the entire animation to finish before you can move again. Bonus points if you make most gestures last 3 seconds.

    exactly.

    like, you'd still have tbaggers, but as for the rest. c'mon, I just want to signal the nea who ran into the locker right in front of me that I KNOW she has head on, and I have a bit of time to burn.


    @[Deleted User] said:

    Anyone got a link ? for the dev-stream I mean, the one OP is mentioning.

    But yeah, it's cleal what people of this community would do with gestures. Toxicity is one the main complaints about this game, you can see it on the forums and steam reviews.

    I think it's perfectly reasonable.

    a damn, it didn't copy into the text correctly. edited it.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1608577#Comment_1608577

    exactly.

    like, you'd still have tbaggers, but as for the rest. c'mon, I just want to signal the nea who ran into the locker right in front of me that I KNOW she has head on, and I have a bit of time to burn.

    On topic, I do not want Killers to have gestures. If you need to do a gesture. The all-time classic is the "nod".

    Survivors definitely could need a few more. Like a "shoo / go away" gesture. Or a "stay quiet / hide" gesture.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @Pawcelot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1608586#Comment_1608586

    On topic, I do not want Killers to have gestures. If you need to do a gesture. The all-time classic is the "nod".

    Survivors definitely could need a few more. Like a "shoo / go away" gesture. Or a "stay quiet / hide" gesture.

    Not even a separate headsahke for killers?

  • Nah. They're supposed to be soulless mindless killers. Adding gestures to them would be like adding /dance or something to them. It'd not fit.

  • People can communicate a number of things from the few gestures they already have. Nodding and shaking already happens. Sighing has no benefit whatsoever other than being a dick.

    Pointing, waving over, teabagging... there are many ways to communicate already. Teabagging already has a few variations: Constant teabagging = 10 year old playing; 2 quick teabags = thank you; teabag after pallet drop = tactic to keep the Killer chasing.

    Pointing could mean to send a survivor to do something, but also pointing then running in the opposite direction could also mean you know where the Killer is.

    Really, there are many ways to communicate already, and with other much needed attention required for other areas, gestures are fine as they are. I don't want this game becoming Fortnite.