Ranking Up As Survivor

We all know that the ranking system could use some work... which is an understatement. But it's still fun and cool to see your rank go up or to see the color change, and I'm sure a lot of people are proud the first time they get to rank 1.

I've been stuck in the greens where previously I was purple and I was wondering if anyone had any tips as to how to get back to my regular ranks and maybe higher? It's difficult because I play solo and I don't run any meta perks except iron will but :\. I mean, I don't feel like I should have to run them to pip.

For example: when I'm caught in a chase for the entire match while everyone else is doing gens I have a blast, but of course I de-pip because all I was doing was evading but nothing else. Or a game will go slow and have no hooks so all we can do is do gens. So what can I do in such a situation to at least black pip?

Comments

  • Run. Bonds. And learn what to do with the information it provides gives.

    I'm a 100% solo queue R1 survivor and while Kindred is arguably the other good solo queue aura perk but I have prefer bond precisely because it remedies a lot of situations.

    Caught in the chase for the entire match? Once you are maxed out on chase points - it's time to pawn this joke of a killer onto someone else... especially if gens have been getting blasted through. It's not really sandbagging (though it could be if the game just goes down the toilet because your teammates all immediately die and suicide on hook) to run the killer into a healthy teammate after you've been chased for 5+ minutes. More often than not the teammate will panic, take a hit for you, or well sandbag you by bodyblocking you and dropping a pallet on your face but it's something you learn to deal with.

    Now you're free to go do generators, that garbage random couldn't loop and got downed in 10s? Now you have someone to rescue off hook when the killer goes away - if they don't... well that would've been your fate and you can just power the gen(s) and walk on out the door or go for that ballsy rescue if your other randoms look like they need you.

    Your teammate is looping the killer FOREVER and you haven't been chased even once? use bonds to HELP him out "effectively" - key term here as learning not to be that guy who bodyblocks your teammate while throwing yourself to block the killer to force a bloodlust losing hit on you will improve your skills. Obviously do this after powering through 3~4 generators in the appropriate amount of time first and not 3-genning yourself first, learn how to read how the match is going to get a minimum of 1 pip from easy matches.

    Other than that just keep playing optimally - meaning also do something on the map whether it be gens, rescuing or totems. The less time spent waiting somewhere idling for a "perfect time" to rescue or in a locker to "hide" is going to result in BP and pips for you. You'll lose some here and there but you should on average gain a bunch if you aren't letting a generator go until you actively see the killer commiting to you - gaining distance is fine but NEVER taking a chase when you have 0 hooks while your teammates are on death hook is actively throwing the game too.

    Also Bonds solves another crutch a lot of survivors don't understand about Self-care perk - it actively removes Altrusim emblems and points from the match to run that perk ontop of not giving good opportunity return in a lot of cases. Heal one another, even better if you can manage 3 people huddled together to heal one another - and you'll your ranks fly up.

    P.S. Ranks also do not have directly determine matchmaking any more according to the devs but it still gives a small reflect on time spent playing the game so whatever you have fun doing - go for it