More than 1M BP on console again

So I saved 1M for cheryl and when the update went live, we all got a 50k Bp as a gift and then I had 1050000BP (and the limit is 1M) well, today I had 1920000BP and I played a game to complete the 1M, but instead of having 1M, I got 1022000BP. Is this normal? I’m not English btw

Comments

  • BPs they give out as gift can go over the 1M cap, and since they gifted another 250K and if you redeemed the codes in the store that would be another 300K BPs you can have have more or less 550K BPs "extra" over the 1M cap

  • @Lycidas said:

    BPs they give out as gift can go over the 1M cap, and since they gifted another 250K and if you redeemed the codes in the store that would be another 300K BPs you can have have more or less 550K BPs "extra" over the 1M cap

    Ye ik but I just did a normal match and actually got more than 1M bp

  • @jlgracia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1598735#Comment_1598735

    Ye ik but I just did a normal match and actually got more than 1M bp

    Because you still didn't spend all the bloodpoints they gifted you

    If you keep playing is probable that you will be able to reach 1500000 BPs, but that's going to be it

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1598955#Comment_1598955

    Because you still didn't spend all the bloodpoints they gifted you

    If you keep playing is probable that you will be able to reach 1500000 BPs, but that's going to be it

    Do you think I would keep a gift from 3 months ago? No. I did another match rn and now I have 1037439 lol

  • @jlgracia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1598959#Comment_1598959

    Do you think I would keep a gift from 3 months ago? No. I did another match rn and now I have 1037439 lol

    image.png image.png

    Did you spend THESE gifts as well which were given respectively the 26th and the 28th of August?

    Keep playing and you'll hit the cap, they didn't remove it.

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1598971#Comment_1598971

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/52NR0A0SZNTW/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2T996JGDFV6S/image.png

    Did you spend THESE gifts as well which were given respectively the 26th and the 28th of August?

    Keep playing and you'll hit the cap, they didn't remove it.

    Ye I spent all of those BP. I claimed all the dailies and now I have 1152000. I did another match aswell and I got Bp btw

  • I have 2k rn so I could have 1300000Bp lol

  • Keep going, let me know when you hit the cap, maybe then I will try explaining you how it should work

  • @Lycidas said:

    Keep going, let me know when you hit the cap, maybe then I will try explaining you how it should work

    I can’t get more BP, I have 1520000 I didnt spent my 2k shards btw

  • @jlgracia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1599030#Comment_1599030

    I can’t get more BP, I have 1520000 I didnt spent my 2k shards btw

    Just as I said before, you hit the cap at around 1500000 BPs.

    If you keep playing is probable that you will be able to reach 1500000 BPs, but that's going to be it

    Now, let's try and understand what usually happens when they gift you BPs

    Imagine that your total number of BPs is divided in two "jars", jar A and jar B:

    • Jar A contains the BPs that you gain from playing the game (matches, rituals, tome challenges..) and it is capped to 1M BPs
    • Jar B cointais the BPs the they give out as gifts (the 50K of the Silent Hill Chapter and the 550K from the codes they gave out) and it is not capped

    Let's say that, before receiving the 550K BPs from the codes, you had 400K BPs in Jar A and 0 BPs in Jar B, after redeeming the codes your situation would be:

    • 400K BPs in jar A
    • 550K BPs in jar B
    • Total BPs: 950K

    Now since when you play a normal match your BPs go into jar A, and jar A still hasn't reached the 1M cap, you could keep playing and gain BPs until your situation looks like this:

    • 1M BPs in jar A (it reached the cap so you cannot "add" more BPs here)
    • 550K BPs in jar B
    • Total BPs: 1.55M

    Finally, when you spend BPs, the game first tries taking them from jar B, and if that is empty it takes them from jar A.


    What happened to you is that you redeemed the 550K, and then you spent only 30K from jar B, hence why you reached the cap at 1520000

    Your situation should be this one:

    • 1M BPs in jar A
    • 520K BPs in jar B

    If you spend the 520K that you have in jar B you will not be able to go over 1M BPs until they give out another code or another gift

    Hope that cleared how it works, I don't think I can explain it better