Tips on how to not get found first as survivor

So every time I play survivor (I normally play killer) it seems like I am always the one to get found and hooked first. I know it's probably a coincidence and not much I can really do about it. But does anyone have any tips or ideas I can do during the first few minutes of the game so I can try and last longer? Or maybe even some perk builds to help me survive longer in general? Like I said I know it's probably a coincidence but I'd thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks!

Comments

    • You don't go straight to a generator, see if there's a totem next to the gen. Killers don't facecheck a gen, they pass by and try to hear if the gen has been started. After you hear the heartbeat fade away, you start doing the gen.
    • You get out of the generator as soon as you start hearing the heart beat and walk away from the gen.
    • Spine chill can help you a ton.
    1. Play Dwight
    2. Hide in a locker
    3. ???
    4. Profit