Question: Object of Obsession + Open Handed.

So I already know that Open Handed will extend the survivors aura reading of the killer with OoO to 80m (72m if they’re not the Obsession).

But does this also affect where/how the killer can see the survivors aura?

  • no change? I.e if the survivor can read the killer up to 80m, the killer still can’t see the survivor unless they’re within 72m and outside the TR? Or...
  • The killer can also see the survivors aura within that additional range between 72m and 80m?
  • can the killer see the survivor up to within 8m inside of the TR?

How exactly does Open Handed interact with OoO for the killers perspective?

Comments

  • I don't think it matters one way or another. The killer isnt really getting any useful info, and the chances of you accurately determining the 8m at the very end of your range in which you can see the killer and the killer cannot see you (if it works like that, which from my experience running dull aura builds it doesn't) is both extremely unlikely and, in all honesty, pretty worthless.

    That being said, I am fairly certain that you revealing your aura to the killer is entirely determined by whether or not you can see their aura. If you can see them, they can see you. The only exception to this is the Undetectable status effect, which is calculated last (in other words, according to the game you CAN see the aura, it's just that on your screen it is invisible)