Can I just say...

I just had the most fun in DbD as killer in my last match I've had in a long while.

I had a lobby where there were these four survivors who kind of looked like SWF, but I was planning on running my normal build until I saw, "I slug #########" and I wasn't sure if there was supposed to be a comma or not. But anyway, I thought, "hmm, let me put on an ebony mori for this survivor", and just as I declicked ready, all of the survivors switched to being Claudette with medkits. I just kind of sat there awkwardly. Then they all left.

Then, they all popped into my lobby again. I blinked and readied up. I knew I wasn't going to go tryhard and I'd had a night of just being terrible at aiming with Huntress, but I just slapped on the mori and said, "hey, let's see what happens. I'll only use it if they're actually bad". I got wrecked because they were players that knew what they were doing and my hatchets were AWFUL, but I had the time of my life especially in end game chat when they finally pulled out their trash talk.

It was just so wholesome to be able to not get mad and just truly appreciate and respect the length to which they were going to be toxic. I feel like more people in the DbD community need to have this kind of experience.

Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲▼

Ah, no perks on any of them, all coldwind farm map offerings (one murky reagent), all purple medkits with gel dressings and styptic agent, and one had OoO. I had a blast. But disclaimer, I have corn vision, so I couldn't actually see much of anything.

Comments

  • update: now I'm annoyed that the Jenner's Last Breath and Anxious Gasp combo no longer exist. #bringthemback