In Light of the 'Toxic Cycle'

I recently watched a Scott Jund video in which he talked about the endless toxic cycle of DBD. I really agree with the points made in this video. However, I really don't know how many more games I can play, executing a near flawless match with NO second chance perks and getting insta-downed on my first hit by NOED. Currently, there is absolutely no incentive to not use second chance perks when nearly every match I am getting killed by NOED. I only have DS as a second chance teachable perk, and I rarely use it. But, I really don't know how much longer I can actually enjoy this game without running Unbreakable, DS, and Deliverance just to avoid losing a game at the last second.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XICa4fv9oSs

Comments

  • Use a map, small game perk or just look for totems? In the most maps they are easy to spot.

    And you do exactly what scott told you not to do. NOED is easy to counter, your 2nd chance perks not really. Either you slug them what is unfun for everyone or you eat the DS because it is so common that at least 2 ppl in every game have it.

  • @BaldursGate2 said:

    Use a map, small game perk or just look for totems? In the most maps they are easy to spot.

    And you do exactly what scott told you not to do. NOED is easy to counter, your 2nd chance perks not really. Either you slug them what is unfun for everyone or you eat the DS because it is so common that at least 2 ppl in every game have it.

    Thank you for your input. But no, as I said, I barely ever run DS, my only owned second chance perk. When I get killed by NOED, I cope by bitching to my friends then move on. But when 3 out of my 4 games played in a day result in a NOED death, it makes me really start to consider second chance options.

    Small game is an option that I haven't thought about, I will have to test it soon. Map offerings to counter NOED as a solo-queuer is nonsense.