Iri Head isn't the best Huntress Add-on

I decided to do the Huntress challenge where you have to 3k with her teachables (I refuse to unlock Beast of Prey and Territorial Imperative as teachables to pollute my bloodwebs).

The issue is that I cannot play Huntress to save my life. I'm so unbelievable bad. SO i brought Iridescent Head and Infantry Belt because I thought they'd be crazy OP. Turns out they're not and I barely managed to hit anyone and got gen rushed. I tried this three times in a row and couldn't do much.

Then I ran out of those add-ons so I put on Flower Babushka and Venomous Concoction. Night and Day. 4k on my first attempt with the new build. The wind-up time decrease makes her way more reactionary and you can easily get free hits through windows and pallets with little to no forethought. And the immunity to Dead Hard and exhaustion in general means you can kind of do whatever you want.

Was there some luck involved. Yup. My Huntress is still awful and the Survivors made a bunch of mistakes, but I learned that Flower Babushka is by far the easiest to use Huntress add-on. It turns her hachets from feeling like slingshots to rifle shots. (if you play normally. Basement camping with Iri Head is probably the easiest of all, but I refuse to stoop that low).

Comments

  • Tip to players on these Tome challenges: you can bring a fourth perk so long as you have the three required perks. I brought BBQ on Huntress and Legion. Because bloodpoints.

  • You're probably right to an extent. I view it as charge add-ons being better for lower-skilled huntresses, iri head being better for higher-skilled huntresses.

  • Problem with windup add ons is that it effects muscle memory. You arent always going to have those add ons or you may want to try something different and then you are really screwed.

    Not arguing that being able to machine-gun hatchets isnt amazing, just that the timing is important to learn

  • @Yffriium said:

    You're probably right to an extent. I view it as charge add-ons being better for lower-skilled huntresses, iri head being better for higher-skilled huntresses.

    Go chat with Umbra and Ralph and ask them this question. “If you were playing huntress vs. an amazing 4 man swf, which add ons would you bring?”


    I bet Iri isn’t one of them.