For the People (Question/Idea)
I’m a Killer Main, but played a lil survivor tonight, in particular, I was earning my Zarina adept. Took a few games and I was having a lil fun with For the People. So I looked it over again after I got my adept.
Why does this perk only work when you are fully healed?
The start of the perk description says (You risk life and injury for others), but you seem to only be able to risk injury. If it’s my choice, why can’t I choose to put myself in the dying state (risking life) in exchange for a pick-up or full heal?
Hear me out.
- We now have 3 perk options for picking yourself up. So putting yourself on the ground isn’t the most terrible thing. As a team, it might be more worth to change undying states with another, specifically if you can eat more hooks or have options to recover.
- Some players, for various reasons, will be targeted by killers for being less skillful or more troublesome. Usually when said player reaches death hook, 1-2 players may try to intervene to take a hit or aggro the killer away, but by then, the killer feels pot committed to just remove this survivor from the game, to alleviate some gen pressure. If you could take a hit and use the speed boost to move up to the injured death hook, you could (if they could guess your play) do a touch heal and you’d take a fall while they would continue forward with full health. Which gives the Killer the decision to finally let them go for the free hook or double down and have to work twice as hard.
- The synergy with No Mither might be fun to play with and opens the doors to No mither builds that could be worth a try. Imagine quick healing people in desperate situations, letting them run away (hopefully) with Killer aggro and full health, while you face planted yourself out of view and quietly No Mither/Tenacity crawled your ass away, then picked yourself up and went a bout your business.
I just feel like this perk would be more fun and not any more broken right now then it would be with this change. Your using a perk to help a teammate, which is good. Your not performing magic, your making an exchange and giving survivors more options. It could create new options and builds or styles of play, yet discovered.
I dunno, just a random thought before bed. Feel free to comment~
Comments
Probably so that you can't run in and pick up a slug the instant the killer downs them, and then be the slug yourself with your DS ready.