Well, now I've really seen everything LMAO
Guys, have you ever had the feeling that you saw really everything about something, like DbD?
I mean, toxic players, tunnelers, campers, t-baggers, people who would not be able to play without SWF or endless chases against the same guy. Insults and people crying about stupid things? Well, I thought I've seen all of that, and that I could not get surprised anymore. Well, guess what? Someone insulted me and sent me hate messages, threatening to have me banned, not because I was toxic, camped, used NoeD or instadowns or cheated in some way. Just because I acted like a friendly killer xD
Let me get into some more detail: I found a match, was going for a tome challenge. I decided to try and message one random survivor of the 4 I had in front of me to ask if he would be willing to help, and I'd let them all go. Of course, I was going to farm some points, hooking them no more than twice. He agreed and I did the challenge at the start of the match, then proceeded to hook them twice each, while allowing them to do gens and save each other. I felt like being friendly, and having survivors not being toxic was going to be a nice change of pace, for once. Then there was this Feng Min, who probably did not understand or didn't want to let me get some points. I hooked her, let someone save her, downed her again, got DS'ed and downed her again. I was going to hook her a second time and she ragequit, starting sending me hate messages and saying I was going to get banned, and that the clip was on the way to DbD support xD
I mean, I do not fear anything, since I didn't do anything wrong, and I know that any game developers cannot ban anyone on a platform that isn't PC, but still. I never thought I was going to be hated because I was friendly LMAO. Didn't think survivors could get more toxic than they already are. 😅Has it ever happened to any of you?
Comments
Forcing others to farm is bannable so you problay CAN get banned for it.
I didn't force anyone. I asked and they agreed. And they were all SWF, they were even standing together and that same Feng brought me to other survivors. Doesn't look like anyone was forced, to me.
As long as he isn’t preventing them from completing objectives he wasn’t forcing anyone to farm. They could always go work on gens and open the door or suicide on hook.
@OP- I’ve had similar players in the past. They just found farming boring and would rather get in chases, which is understandable- people have different ideas of what is fun. So if you find someone like that again, just play normally with them.
Well yes, I do understand that. But I never thought someone would get mad at me for letting them go. I could understand getting mad for cheesy stuff like Iridescent Head, NoeD and camping, but getting mad because the killer is being nice for once? Isn't this community toxic enough already? I sometimes ask people if they are ok into helping me do annoying challenges, and nobody has ever complained. And some stuff is just really hard to do it normally, you know? When the Nurse's Tome will come out, it won't be an easy task, on console. she is close to unplayable there.