New Killer Advice?

I just started playing this game a week ago having downloaded it for free on PS4 and I really dig it! I definitely play more killer than survivor, mainly The Hag or the occasional Huntress. So far I'm about rank 10 and I hear the game gets notoriously more difficult for killers higher up. I'm still super new so any pro tips, insight, or good habits to pick up going forward would be excellent!

Comments

  • Don't be afraid to use your brain and play tactically. Survivors wilö call you out as camper tunneler and baby killer because they don't like killers that actually try to kill them but you better ignore those

    Regarding prestige, if you wanna do that at all make sure to use the good stuff before you prestige and that you have another killer to earn bp while lvl in up the prestige one
  • Don´t rush it! You are new, you don´t have all the useful perks unlocked. If you rank up to fast, you´ll encounter fully equipped survivor teams which WILL crush you.
    Ignore the after match chat. Play the way you want to play. Don´t be afraid to lose some rounds.
    Camping usually nets you lesser points but can make your life easier. It could also horribly backfire. A good killer knows when to camp and when not to.
    Don´t focus to much on one survivor. If you chase 1 and 3 gens pop while you still can´t down him, then it´s best to ignore that player and go for someone else.

  • Play much as both survivor and killer to get an idea of how survivors and the killers think.
    Play as diffrent survivors and killers so you know how they work and how to counter them.

    Long story short.

    Learn the basics!