I'm not really feeling this graphics update.

I don't know if it's because I'm not used to it yet or what, but I'm just not a huge fan of the graphics update. I much prefer how the game looked before and the game doesn't really feel the same to me anymore. Is anyone else feeling this way or am I just crazy?

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I sort of get you, but i don't feel the same way. The game looks much newer now and the new assets make even untouched maps look newer. The new repair animations are sweet and the atmosphere of the two reworked maps feels so much more dense and alive, in a sense. They are so much better now and feel like real environments. The older versions and assets just looked like clay toys to me.

    I guess it's just a personal preference thing, I liked the less-realistic, less-lively look. I thought it fit the gameplay and overall atmosphere of the game perfectly, I liked how the old graphics made the realms of the entity feel cold and desolate, which is exactly how I imagined them in my mind. Although, I do 100% understand why people prefer the new graphics. (And i do agree, the new repair animations are sweet.)

    I'll give the new graphics time and see if they grow on me, but they just doesn't appeal to me currently

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I sort of get you, but i don't feel the same way. The game looks much newer now and the new assets make even untouched maps look newer. The new repair animations are sweet and the atmosphere of the two reworked maps feels so much more dense and alive, in a sense. They are so much better now and feel like real environments. The older versions and assets just looked like clay toys to me.

    I think it comes down to personal preference. I loved the cold, desolate, lonely feeling of the old graphics. But I can understand why people prefer the more dense and alive style. I do agree with you on the new repair animations, those are sick.

  • I like the new graphics. The ones we have now sometimes remind me of games dating back to PS2 lol