Would The Silence Of The Lambs Be A Good Additions To DBD?
Welcome to my series where I ask if things would be a good addition to DBD!
Today We Are Asking: Would A Silence Of The Lambs Chapter Be A Good Addition To DBD?
Welcome to my series where I ask if things would be a good addition to DBD!
Today We Are Asking: Would A Silence Of The Lambs Chapter Be A Good Addition To DBD?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I'm not sure if it would be a good fit. But I also thought the same about Saw, so I'm confident the devs could make it work well.
It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
No.
Thematically, it would work fine. Silence of the Lambs is a pretty well-established book/film and Dr. Lecter (especially as portrayed by Anthony Hopkins) is a pretty iconic villain.
Functionally though? Not really. Clarice Starling would probably work just fine as a survivor character (or maybe even the Warden), but I think trying to portray Hannibal Lecter as a DbD killer would be a pretty extreme stretch. He's primarily a schemer, not so much a slasher (roughly the same could be said for Buffalo Bill). Seeing him chase around and attack survivors would feel very out of character for him.
SAW was able to overcome a similar problem (as John the OG Jigsaw Killer would have also been a poor DbD fit) by using Jigsaw's violent right hand (Amanda) instead of the man himself. I mostly only think of Silence of the Lambs and not its sequels, but I don't remember Lecter or Bill having any accomplice that would be able to fill this kind of role.
I think DbD could bring in a SotL survivor without much trouble, but our main man Hannibal would actually be a better fit as a Mastermind over in RE: Resistance.