Why is candyman so underrated?

Candyman is a great horror movie(the first one anyway) tony todds preformance as the slasher was great and virgina madsen was great as helen. I just dont get why its not so well known as friday the 13th or nighmare on elm street

Comments

  • 1) Candyman is almost a decade more recent than either of the others you mentioned.

    2) The other 2 you mentioned have a lot more films in their series, some might argue too much.

    3) Underrated wouldn't be how I would describe Candyman as as far as I'm aware its regarded as a great horror movie, I assume you meant something more along the lines of Obscure?

    4) It's still a very well known film in general but especially among horror fans.

  • Some people didnt even know who candyman was until people started talking about him. How uncultured can people get?

  • it is good movie wouldn't mind candyman in dbd.tony todds was also good in the Final Destination movies.

  • Because he didn't make as big an impact as Freddy or Myers did?

    The fact I had to look up who he is when people asked about him didn't help his case in my mind.

  • Legit the only time I'd heard Candyman even mentioned outside of the forums was in Scream.